This article explains which is the best form of Tongkat Ali to take so that you gain the most benefits.
The best form of Tongkat Ali starts with sourcing the best Tongkat Ali ingredients and a formulation that is clinically tested by scientists.
You can take Tongkat Ali in capsule form, loose powder, effervescent, tablets and in coffee or tea. And each form offers several advantages and disadvantages depending on your health and lifestyle requirements.
Let’s deep-dive into the various form of Tongkat Ali and which option benefits you the most. This will help you answer the most effective way to consume Tongkat Ali.
What is the best form of Tongkat Ali?
There are six ways to take Tongkat Ali. You may consume Tongkat Ali in the following forms:
- Loose Powder
- In Coffee (or Tea)
Tongkat Ali capsule form is the most effective, easy-to-produce and popular in the world. It has a perfect balance between dosage-optimized solution, convenience, and shelf-life vs. efficacy (health benefits).
According to American neurosurgeon, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, capsule helps protect the medication from degradation, ensuring its effectiveness. Overall, capsules offer a reliable and efficient method for medication administration.
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of taking Tongkat Ali in capsule form.
- Precise Dosage: Capsules offer consistent dosing, ensuring accurate intake of Tongkat Ali extract.
- Better Bioavailability: Capsules protect the herbs from oxidation, moisture, and light, preserving their potency and extending their shelf life
- Convenience: Capsules provide a convenient and easy method of consumption, eliminating the need for measuring or weighing the powder.
- Taste Masking: Capsules help mask the bitter taste and earthy flavor of Tongkat Ali, making them more palatable for individuals who find the taste unpleasant.
- Portability: Capsules are portable and can be easily carried and consumed on the go.
- Limited Flexibility: Capsules come in pre-determined dosages, limiting the flexibility to adjust the dosage based on individual needs.
- Absorption Time: Capsules may take longer to dissolve and be absorbed compared to other forms of Tongkat Ali, potentially delaying the onset of effects on health. It takes few hours (2 to 3 hours) to gain the full effect.
- Capsule Ingredients: Some individuals may have allergies or sensitivities to the ingredients used in capsule shells.
2. Loose Powder:
Tongkat Ali loose powder fits into the perfect lifestyle of a fitness enthusiast and sports amateurs. Tongkat Ali powder extracts is typically sold in a bag of 70g to 150g and often mixed with fillers to increase the volume or weight.
Loose powder may be popular but often has its own set of downsides.
According to medicine expert Dr. Tieraona Low Dog, she said that “Unlike encapsulated supplements, loose powders are susceptible to oxidation, moisture, and contamination, which can affect their potency and safety.”
She also warned buying supplements from China or India.
- Flexibility: Loose powder form allows for more flexibility in dosage adjustment, as you can easily measure and customize the amount according to your needs.
- Versatility: The powder can be mixed with various liquids or added to food, offering versatility in consumption methods.
- Absorption: Powder form may have faster absorption rates compared to other forms, potentially leading to quicker effects.
- Inconvenience: Handling loose powder can be messy and inconvenient, requiring additional effort for proper measurement and storage.
- Taste and Texture: Tongkat Ali powder can have a bitter and earthy taste, which some individuals may find unpleasant. It may also have a gritty texture.
- Accurate Dosing: Measuring precise amounts of Tongkat Ali powder can be challenging, increasing the likelihood of inconsistent dosing and potential side effects from overdosing.
Taking Tongkat Ali supplements in a tablet form are not preferred by most consumers as it takes a longer time to dissolve and absorb in the body. Besides, it is harder to swallow for some. This makes Tongkat Ali supplements in tablet form less popular than Tongkat Ali capsules.
- Controlled Release: Some tablets are formulated for controlled release, allowing for sustained and gradual release of the active ingredients over time.
- Convenience: Tablets are easy to handle and consume, offering convenience and portability.
- Accurate Dosage: Tablets provide consistent dosing, ensuring precise intake of Tongkat Ali extract.
- Taste Masking: Tablets can help mask the bitter taste and earthy flavor of Tongkat Ali, making them more palatable for those who find the taste unpleasant.
- Absorption Time: Tablets may take longer to dissolve and be absorbed compared to other forms, potentially delaying the onset of effects.
- Difficulty in Swallowing: Tablets can be challenging to swallow for individuals who have difficulty with larger-sized pills.
- Additional Ingredients: Tablets may contain additional excipients or binders to hold the tablet together, which could cause sensitivities or allergies in some individuals.
- Limited Flexibility: Like capsules, tablets come in pre-determined dosages, limiting the flexibility to adjust the dosage based on individual needs.
Effervescent is the latest form of Tongkat Ali that offers superior advantage due to rapid absorption, leading to faster reaction time. Overall, Tongkat Ali in effervescent form (i.e tablet or powder) combines convenience, effectiveness, and palatability, making them a preferred form of supplementation for many people.
- Rapid Absorption: Effervescent Tongkat Ali dissolve quickly in water, promoting rapid absorption of Tongkat Ali extract into the body.
- Enhanced Bioavailability: The effervescent formulation can enhance the bioavailability of Tongkat Ali’s active compounds, increasing their absorption and utilization by the body.
- Convenience and Ease of Consumption: Effervescent Tongkat Ali are convenient to use, as they can be dissolved in water to create a refreshing and easy-to-consume beverage.
- Precise Dosage: Effervescent tablets typically come in pre-determined dosages, ensuring accurate and consistent intake of Tongkat Ali extract.
- Taste: Effervescent Tongkat Ali may have a distinct taste or flavor, which some individuals might find undesirable.
- Additional Ingredients: Effervescent Tongkat Ali may contain additional ingredients such as sweeteners, flavors, or preservatives to enhance taste and stability, which could be a concern for individuals with specific dietary requirements or sensitivities.
- Portability: Effervescent tablets require access to water for dissolution, making them less portable compared to capsules or tablets that can be swallowed directly.
Tongkat Ali is often sold and consumed in coffee. Tongkat Ali coffee offers a multitude of health benefits from two well-studied ingredients (i.e caffeine and Tongkat Ali). Tongkat Ali coffee is traditionally consumed in Asia, deeply-rooted in Malaysian’s daily lives.
Tongkat Ali coffee is one of the best forms of Tongkat Ali that you can take if you don’t mind the bitter coffee taste.
Here are some pros and cons.
- Synergistic Effects: Some individuals believe that combining Tongkat Ali with coffee may have synergistic effects, potentially enhancing energy levels, focus, and overall cognitive function.
- Convenience: Combining Tongkat Ali with coffee allows for easy consumption, especially for those who regularly drink coffee as part of their routine.
- Masking Taste: The strong flavor of coffee can help mask the bitter taste of Tongkat Ali, making it more palatable for individuals who find the taste unpleasant.
- Caffeine Content: Coffee naturally contains caffeine, and combining it with Tongkat Ali, which may also have stimulating effects, can increase overall caffeine intake. This can lead to potential side effects such as jitteriness, increased heart rate, or disrupted sleep.
- Individual Sensitivities: Some individuals may be sensitive to caffeine and may experience negative effects like anxiety, gastrointestinal issues, or sleep disturbances when consuming coffee with Tongkat Ali.
- Interference with Absorption: Coffee contains compounds that may interfere with nutrient absorption in the body, potentially affecting the bioavailability of Tongkat Ali’s active components.
Tongkat Ali gummies is the latest trend, but it provides little health benefits due to artificial sweeteners and other preservatives involved in the production. This may reduce the potency and efficacy of Tongkat Ali. However, there are still some advantages of Tongkat Ali gummies that will suit your needs.
- Convenience and Palatability: Gummies offer a convenient and enjoyable way to consume Tongkat Ali, especially for those who prefer a chewable format over pills or powders.
- Masking of Taste: Gummies typically have a pleasant flavor that can help mask the bitter taste of Tongkat Ali, making it more appealing for individuals who find the taste unpleasant.
- Accurate Dosage: Gummies are usually pre-dosed, ensuring consistent and accurate intake of Tongkat Ali extract.
- No Need for Water: Gummies can be consumed without the need for water, providing on-the-go convenience.
- Added Ingredients: Gummies often contain additional ingredients such as sweeteners, flavors, and preservatives to enhance taste and texture. These additives may not be desirable for individuals with specific dietary requirements or sensitivities.
- Potential for Sugar Content: Some gummies may contain high amounts of sugar, which can be a concern for individuals monitoring their sugar intake or with specific health conditions like diabetes.
- Lower Potency: Compared to other forms like capsules or extracts, gummies may have a lower concentration of Tongkat Ali extract, potentially requiring higher consumption for desired effects.
Effervescent is the best form of Tongkat Ali. It offers rapid absorption, enhanced bioavailability, and convenient consumption.
While Tongkat Ali capsules and tablets provide convenience and better shelf life, gummies offer palatability, and loose powder allows for dosage flexibility, effervescent supplements combine the best of these qualities.
Their quick absorption and higher bioavailability make them more effective, ensuring optimal utilization of Tongkat Ali’s benefits.
Check out a good example of effervescent Tongkat Ali that is formulated using clinically tested Tongkat Ali extract.
Users should be aware that not all Tongkat Ali supplements are created equal, and the quality and purity may vary significantly. You may get side effects from consuming Tongkat Ali .
Our recommendation is to consume quality Tongkat Ali product that has been extensively clinically tested on humans (both men and women) and lab-tested for toxicity.
Please consult your physician or healthcare professionals if you are using other medications for further advice before consuming Tongkat Ali.
Tongkat Ali Studies
Ask our experts on Tongkat Ali studies, clinical trials and research studies. Expand your knowledge on Tongkat Ali.
Naressa Khan contributes regularly on AKARALI and is part of the global Tongkat Ali research team. As a writer and journalist, Naressa specializes in nutrition, health supplements, and natural wellness. With this approach always in mind, she explores fact-based and scientific evidence of topics related to health, herbs and natural wellness.
Our articles are third party reviewed by our panel of experts and medical advisors to ensure the facts are accurate and credible. These are validated against multiple source references which include but not limited to research studies, peer-reviewed journals, pre-clinical studies, clinical tests and other credible publications.
Our panel of medical advisors and experts are highly experienced in their individual fields. However, they do not provide any medical advice or recommendations arising from content published in this article.
Disclaimer: The content published in this article is for educational purposes and not intended to provide any form of recommendations, directly or indirectly to purchase or consume herbal supplements, drugs, medications, alternative remedies and practices or any brands mentioned in this article. By reading this, the sole responsibility and decision lies on the reader to make an informed decision based on publicly available information published on the internet. Any herbal supplements can be used as a health supplement, dietary plan or to treat illnesses. However, we encourage you to consult your nearest doctor before making any purchase from this website or any other websites or social platforms after reading this article. We do not hold any responsibility or accountability for any products purchased from this website or any third-party websites that are linked to this articles, sales channels or social platforms.