It is assuring to know that there are at least 300 research studies on Tongkat Ali. However, only a handful of Tongkat Ali supplements are both clinically tested and lab tested.
The question is — should you consider buying a clinically tested Tongkat Ali brand or a lab-tested Tongkat Ali?
Yes, many are switching from lab-tested Tongkat Ali to clinically-tested Tongkat Ali brands such as AKARALI.
Clinically tested Tongkat Ali is superior to other lab-tested Tongkat Ali products, mainly because it works better (i.e higher efficacy), with faster reaction time. In addition, it is super safe and far more effective than 200:1 Tongkat Ali extract, or other generic lab-tested Tongkat Ali products.
This article will share more insights on clinically tested vs. lab tested Tongkat Ali, the importance of Tongkat Ali clinical trials and many more.
If you are considering buying a premium Tongkat Ali brand, then this article is for you!
Here is a quick summary.
Clinically Tested Tongkat Ali
✅ Tests are performed on humans
✅ Tests are performed to investigate the efficacy and potency of Tongkat Ali
✅ Test involves using Tongkat Ali extracts that are lab-tested for safety, toxicity and free from adulterants
✅ Test involves mid to long term consumption of Tongkat Ali (i.e 2 weeks to 24 weeks)
✅ Tests are conducted by qualified scientists and assessed by medical professionals.
✅ Tested on humans with a wide range of demographics, lifestyles, and health conditions.
✅ Test conducted with placebo-controlled groups to reduce bias.
✅ Test results are published for public consumption and for future research activities.
✅ Test involves observing and reporting any adverse side-effects from Tongkat Ali consumption.
✅ Test involves adhering to strict scientific research methodology and protocols.
✅ It performs better than 200:1 Tongkat Ali extract, with proven efficacy and potency.
Lab Tested Tongkat Ali
✅ Tests on toxicity and quality based on bioactive ingredients
✅ Tests on microbial content
✅ Tests on adulterants (eg: free from sexual enhancement ingredients such as sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil, etc)
✅ Test results issued by third-party accredited labs are based on small Tongkat Ali sample
❌ Not tested on humans (or animals)
❌ Not tested for efficacy or potency
❌ Not tested on humans with various demographics & health conditions
❌ Not tested or reviewed by certified scientists or medical professionals
❌ Not tested to deliver consistent amount of bioactive ingredient for every batch of production (i.e non-standardized extract)
What is a clinically tested Tongkat Ali?
A clinically tested Tongkat Ali refers to Tongkat Ali products that have undergone clinical trials or clinical pre-trials where Tongkat Ali extracts are tested on humans (eg: patients or volunteers, both men and women). Clinical trials may be performed either in vivo, or in vitro.
Clinical trials are important for many reasons. In a world filled with marketing hype, there are only a handful of Tongkat Ali products that are scientifically proven to work; which means it is lab tested and most importantly, clinically tested.
During the clinical trials, a specified dose of Tongkat Ali extract is tested on humans, or on living organisms for a predetermined duration (typically between 2 to 24 weeks).
The most assuring part is that these tests are performed by qualified scientists, researchers or medical professionals.
Some clinically tested Tongkat Ali involves saliva tests to measure its effect on hormone. Some clinical trials may involve blood tests to measure testosterone, cortisol, immune parameters (eg: T-cells) and other health tests.
The outcome of a clinically-tested Tongkat Ali is documented against specific research objectives (eg: testosterone levels, libido, sperm count, cortisol, muscle growth, strength, etc).
Clinically tested Tongkat Ali products are generally conducted using randomized placebo-controlled groups to obtain better results; by reducing test biases. And most clinical trials are performed on both men and women too.
Results of the clinically tested Tongkat Ali are analyzed for efficacy (i.e responses to health), side-effects, safety and other parameters.
In other words, clinically tested Tongkat Ali products are scientifically proven to deliver health benefits from the result of its clinical trials.
Look out for clinically-tested and lab-tested Tongkat Ali if you want the best for your health.
What is a clinical trial?
Clinical trials provide the quantitative information about the benefits, adverse effects and possible uses of new drugs that allows prescribers and patients to make rational decisions in relation to drug therapy.
In the US, clinical trials are guided by rules set by the USFDA. There are rules in place to protect human research subjects and all studies involving humans are reviewed locally to ensure that subjects are treated safely, fairly, and confidentially.
Most Tongkat Ali clinical trials often involve test participants who are diagnosed with a set of medical conditions, and other test parameters (eg: age, height, weight, etc). And most of the selection involves careful selection of volunteers (or test participants) to reduce test biases, thus increasing the accuracy of the test results.
How much does it cost to conduct a clinical trial?
Clinical trials are expensive. The average price to conduct a clinical trial can range from USD 1 million to USD 20 million. Studies for new drugs approved by Foods and Drugs Authority (FDA) cost a median of USD 41,117 per patient.
Given the above, not many Tongkat Ali product owners or manufacturers can afford, nor are willing to invest in clinical trials.
The rise of cheap low-quality Tongkat Ali from China is a frightening trend as most illegally-operated Chinese companies refuse to conduct clinical trials on its illegally-sourced Tongkat Ali.
Why clinical trials are important?
When developing a new Tongkat Ali formulation, clinical trials are vital to ensure effectiveness (i.e efficacy), safety, and biological responses to human health.
In medicinal drugs, clinical trials provide a scientific basis when advising, treating or prescribing a remedy to patients. There are many other reasons why clinical trials are important which you can read about.
In the case of Tongkat Ali, clinical trials provide scientific evidence to prove whether it responds positively or negatively to the human body. Statistical analysis is used to verify Tongkat Ali’s effect on health parameters along with other medically approved tests.
Case Study: Tongkat Ali Clinical Test on Testosterone
- Free Testosterone increase (men): 581% increase in 24 weeks (11.4 ng/dL)
- Free Testosterone increase (women): 600% increase in 24 weeks (1.05 ng/dL)
In the above example, the specific Tongkat Ali formulation (i.e Physta) is clinically tested to increase testosterone. This makes Tongkat Ali one of the popular active core ingredients in top-selling testosterone supplements for men.
Most clinical trials on Tongkat Ali are conducted and supervised by scientifically certified professionals (eg: scientists, academicians, doctors and medical professionals) and you can be assured that the product is thoroughly validated by a team of independent experts.
In fact, herbal medicine clinical trials are touted to be one of the most stringent clinical trials in the world by Government Health authorities.
In short, the best Tongkat Ali products are clinically tested and scientifically proven to work.
Do clinically tested Tongkat Ali products work?
Clinically tested Tongkat Ali products are generally superior as it works more effectively and safer. Most clinically tested Tongkat Ali use a standardized extract protocol that delivers higher and more consistent potency.
Clinically tested Tongkat Ali products are formulated and verified in maximizing your health goals (eg: higher testosterone increase, stronger erection, more sperm count, stronger muscle growth, etc).
Most clinically tested Tongkat Ali works effectively more than other generic Tongkat Ali. Clinically tested Tongkat Ali are tested to work effectively on humans; and some are:
- clinically tested on testosterone (both total testosterone and free testosterone)
- clinically tested on estrogen
- clinically tested on cortisols
- clinically tested on humans with various medical conditions
- clinically tested on healthy young adults
- clinically tested on various demographics
- clinically tested on sports or high-endurance activities
- clinically tested with other multivitamins
- clinically tested on muscle strength, and energy
- clinically tested on libido, erection and fertility
- clinically tested using certified methodology by qualified professionals
- clinically tested using randomized and placebo-controlled groups
Why should you buy clinically tested Tongkat Ali?
- Clinically tested Tongkat Ali is validated to work effectively in the real world on humans.
- Clinically-tested Tongkat Ali is verified and validated by certified scientists and / or medical professionals who are experts in the field of study.
- Clinically tested Tongkat Ali works every time, and usually tested on humans across age groups with various medical conditions.
- Clinically tested Tongkat Ali products are potent, and delivers the highest and guaranteed health gains.
- Clinically tested Tongkat Ali products are verified by scientists and thoroughly tested against any harmful evidence or adverse side-effects.
- Clinical trials and tests are registered and published on public domains for transparency.
Clinically Tested vs. Lab Tested Tongkat Ali
Clinically tested Tongkat Ali vs. Lab tested Tongkat Ali, which is better?
If you want the best Tongkat Ali, look out for both clinically-tested and lab-tested Tongkat Ali. Clinically-tested Tongkat Ali is by default lab-tested against toxicity and other harmful heavy metals.
Lab-Tested Tongkat Ali
- Lab-tested Tongkat Ali products are subjected to tests performed on the Tongkat Ali extract
- Lab-tested Tongkat Ali can be conducted in-house (i.e by certified scientists) or by a third party (external laboratory)
- Results from lab tests are published in a document known as the Certificate of Analysis (COA)
- Lab tested Tongkat Ali products are not tested on humans or any living organisms.
Third Party Tested Tongkat Ali
- Tongkat Ali products are subjected to microbial or toxicity tests performed by a 3rd party (usually by a research laboratory)
- Results from third party tests are published in a document known as the Certificate of Analysis (COA)
- Third party tested Tongkat Ali products are not tested on humans, nor tested for efficacy.
Clinically-Tested Tongkat Ali
- Clinically-tested Tongkat Ali products are subjected to tests performed on human test subjects using a Tongkat Ali extract.
- Clinically-tested Tongkat Ali products are conducted with placebo-controlled groups and supervised by medical professionals and certified scientists.
- Clinically-tested Tongkat Ali products involved clinical trials that are documented and published (i.e white papers) that are available to the public. Here is one example of a clinical trial using Physta® Tongkat Ali extract to test Tongkat Ali’s effect on men’s sexual health.
- Most clinically tested Tongkat Ali products are also lab or third-party tested by default to ensure the extraction is safe to be used when conducting tests on humans.
The best clinically tested Tongkat Ali supplements
There are few clinically tested Tongkat Ali products in the world and you can find them on Amazon. Expect to pay from USD 25 to USD 35 per bottle for a superior product.
Whilst most top Tongkat Ali brands are lab-tested, only a handful of brands are clinically tested with years of clinical trials and research studies.
AKARALI is the best clinically tested Tongkat Ali supplement that has gone through 20 years of clinically tests and is scientifically proven to work. Its US-patented is MIT-formulated since 2003 and voted as the best Tongkat Ali brand by Men’s Journal and by Miami Herald.
You may find a few brands of Tongkat Ali on Amazon that are clinically-tested.
A word on clinically tested Tongkat Ali
- Tongkat Ali manufacturers rarely invest in clinical trials due to huge investment and resource-constraints. It takes longer time to produce quality clinically tested products that are scientifically proven.
- Tongkat Ali products made in the US source its Tongkat Ali extract either from China, or from Indonesia – both countries where the manufacturers do not provide clinical trials due to lack of expertise in conducting clinical trials on Tongkat Ali.
- Brands such as AKARALI™ contain Physta® Tongkat Ali extract that is clinically tested, and backed by more than 26 clinical trials since 2003.
You may consume clinically tested Tongkat Ali supplements continuously over a prolonged period of time (even without OFF / ON cycle) without any side effects.
Experts such as Dr. Andrew Huberman (from Stanford University) claimed he has been consuming Tongkat Ali continuously for years. Whilst Dr. Kyle Gillett recommended cycling Tongkat Ali with 11 months on, and 1 month off.
Yes, it may be slightly more expensive but worth every penny.
So rise and shine to clinically-tested Tongkat Ali.
It’s a world of difference.
Naressa Khan contributes regularly on AKARALI. As a researcher and investigative journalist specializing in nutrition and natural wellness, Naressa is all about creating, deconstructing, and reassembling meaningful content through words and facts. With this approach always in mind, she eagerly explores the nuances in life via the aspects of lifestyle, culture, travel, health, and wellness in Malaysia .
The content published on this website is for educational purposes and should not be viewed, read, or seen as a prescription or constitute any form of medical advice. We recommend you consult your nearest GP or doctors before consuming Tongkat Ali or any products which contain Tongkat Ali. For further information, kindly refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for more information.