Women are referring to Tongkat Ali research studies and clinical trials before making a purchase. Get the latest studies on Tongkat Ali for women and how it may benefit you.
Tongkat Ali is a natural supplement used by women to revitalize their health in recent years. There is growing scientific evidence that Tongkat Ali benefits women in many ways.
In fact, most women prefer clinically-tested Tongkat Ali supplements as it is backed by clinical tests and studies.
Here are Tongkat Ali’s clinical trials and studies that investigate the effects of the following health benefits on women:
✅ Immune System
✅ Sexual health
✅ Lean Muscle & Fat Burn
✅ Strength and Stamina
✅ Mood, Stress, Tension and Anxiety
✅ Menopausal symptoms (eg: hot flushes)
Tongkat Ali Studies & Clinical Tests on Women
- Tongkat Ali studies published here are based on tests performed using Physta® Tongkat Ali hot water standardized extract.
- There may be other Tongkat Ali research studies on women which are not on this list.
Efficacy of Labisia pumila and Eurycoma longifolia standardised extract on hot flushes, quality of life, hormone and lipid profile of peri-menopausal and menopausal women: a randomised, placebo-controlled study
A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, and parallel study investigating the effects of 200 mg SLP+® and 50 mg Physta® Tongkat Ali per day for 24 weeks on 119 pre-menopausal and menopausal women (40 – 55 years).
Tongkat Ali supplementation reduces hot flushes and showed improvements in hormone and lipid profiles in healthy peri-menopausal and menopausal women.
- Tongkat Ali supplementation improves hot flush symptoms in women by 65% after 12 weeks and by 73% after 24 weeks (from week 0).
- 68% improvement in joint pain symptoms in women taking Tongkat Ali after 12 weeks.
- 21% increase in women’s vitality after 24 weeks.
Investigating benefits on Tongkat Ali supplementation on physical strength, function in middle-aged women
A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study investigating the effects of 100mg Physta® Tongkat Ali daily on 31 women (45 – 59 years) on their physical strength and physical functions for 14 weeks.
Overall, the study confirmed that Tongkat Ali supplementation counteracts age-related decline in physical functions. With exercise, Tongkat Ali showed significant improvement in physical strength, balance and flexibility in women.
Author: Md. Yusof, 2009
Tongkat Ali as a Potential Herbal Supplement for Physically Active Male and Female Seniors—A Pilot Study
A comparative study investigating the effects of Physta® Tongkat Ali (TA) extract on elderly individuals as an ergogenic supplement. 25 test subjects consisting of 13 physically active male and 12 physically active female seniors were supplemented with 400mg of Tongkat Ali extract daily for 5 weeks.
- Significant increases in total, free testosterone concentration, and muscular force in both men and women
- Women recorded an increase of total testosterone (48.6%), free testosterone (122%), and muscular hand-grip force (13.7%) after 5 weeks.
- The study confirms the ergogenic benefit of Tongkat Ali in enhancing muscle strength for women.
- TA supplementation improved aging symptoms in women, with a reduction in Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome (AFS) after Tongkat Ali supplementation.
Immunomodulation in Middle-Aged Humans Via the Ingestion of Physta® Standardized Root Water Extract of Eurycoma longifolia Jack—A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel Study
A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, and parallel study investigating the effects of 200mg Physta® Tongkat Ali on the immune system of 84 men and women (40 – 59 years) for 4 weeks.
Physta Tongkat Ali supplementation contributes to immunological improvement by stimulating the production of more T-cells, CD4+ cells, leading to a stronger immune system on both women and men.
Effect of Tongkat Ali on stress hormones and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects
A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study investigating the effects of 200mg Physta® Tongkat Ali (TA) extract for 4 weeks on 63 (32 men and 31 women) moderately stressed test subjects
Results showed that Physta Tongkat Ali reduction of symptoms of stress while improving testosterone levels and lowering cortisol levels in both men and women.
- Decrease in tension (-11%), anger (-12%) and confusion (-15%).
- Improvement of stress hormone profile: testosterone levels higher (37%) and cortisol levels lower (-16%) than placebo.
- 62% of subjects reported an increased libido.
Efficacy and safety of Tongkat Ali Physta® water extract plus multivitamins on quality of life, mood and stress: a randomized placebo-controlled and parallel study
A randomized, placebo-controlled, and parallel study investigating the effects of 50mg Physta® Tongkat Ali + multivitamins (MV) on quality of life, mood and stress on 93 men and women (25 – 65 years) for 24 weeks.
This study found that participants who were moderately stressed and supplemented with Physta Tongkat Ali and multivitamins showed significant improvements in quality of life, mood, stress, vigour, mental component, emotional well-being, cognition, and testosterone levels over a 12-week period.
Note: Clinical Studies on Physta Tongkat Ali Extract
- Physta Tongkat Ali extract is clinically tested on women to validate its health benefits, pharmacological effects, and any adverse reactions or side effects to health.
- Physta® Tongkat Ali extract used in the clinical tests complies with the Tongkat Ali standards; i.e Malaysian Standards MS2409.
- The result on women taking Tongkat Ali supplement may vary according to diet, lifestyle and other diagnosed or undiagnosed medical conditions.
Pregnant and breastfeeding woman, and children below 18 years of age should not be taking Tongkat Ali. Tongkat Ali is a dietary supplement and we recommend you consult your medical professionals or doctors for advice before consuming Tongkat Ali.
Tongkat Ali Studies
Ask us on Tongkat Ali studies, clinical trials and research studies. Expand your knowledge on Tongkat Ali.
Naressa Khan contributes regularly on AKARALI as a big fan of natural supplements and wellness. As a writer and journalist, Naressa is all about creating, deconstructing, and reassembling meanings through words. With this approach always in mind, she eagerly explores the nuances in life via the aspects of lifestyle, culture, travel, health, and wellness.
Our articles are third party reviewed by our panel of experts and medical advisors to ensure the facts are accurate and credible. These are validated against multiple source references which include but not limited to research studies, peer-reviewed journals, pre-clinical studies, clinical tests and other credible publications.
Our panel of medical advisors and experts are highly experienced in their individual fields. However, they do not provide any medical advice or recommendations arising from content published in this article.
Disclaimer: The content published in this article is for educational purposes and not intended to provide any form of recommendations, directly or indirectly to purchase or consume herbal supplements, drugs, medications, alternative remedies and practices or any brands mentioned in this article. By reading this, the sole responsibility and decision lies on the reader to make an informed decision based on publicly available information published on the internet. Any herbal supplements can be used as a health supplement, dietary plan or to treat illnesses. However, we encourage you to consult your nearest doctor before making any purchase from this website or any other websites or social platforms after reading this article. We do not hold any responsibility or accountability for any products purchased from this website or any third-party websites that are linked to this articles, sales channels or social platforms.