Last update 21st May 2022.
A top-quality Tongkat Ali brand is a result of decades of technological research and product development that involves a multitude of clinical trials and tests to adhere to safety and quality standards.
In fact, the best Tongkat Ali supplements are clinically tested on humans to validate their efficacy and impact on health.
Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma Longifolia) is native to Malaysia and Indonesia. With the rising of Tongkat Ali products around the world, there is a handful of Tongkat Ali products that you can buy from trustworthy stores.
But, if you are seeking the best and most popular Tongkat Ali supplement brands around the globe, then this article is for you.
Our global market survey helps you uncover more insights on quality attributes from the top best Tongkat Ali brands in order to assist your purchasing decision.
Find out the best Tongkat Ali in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and Singapore using our robust 15-points quality checklist.
Now lets begin.
Tongkat Ali Qualification Criteria
What is behind the best Tongkat Ali brand?
There are more than 15 quality checkpoints that you should know about.
The best Tongkat Ali brands should meet at least six qualification criteria set in our global market survey assessment.
These qualification criteria serve as key quality attributes to determine the top Tongkat Ali supplement brands.
Here are some explanations and rationale behind each criteria.
Key quality attributes for Top Tongkat Ali Brands
✅ Clinical Trials & Tests
- Top Tongkat Ali brands should ideally have their formulation clinically tested on human test subjects to validate its efficacy on health.
- Clinical trials are a testament to exceptional quality health products.
- A higher number of clinical trials and research studies translate to better proven health benefits.
✅ Extraction Protocol
- The efficacy and potency of any good Tongkat Ali product are based on extraction method.
- Higher potency and efficacy translate to higher gains.
- The gold standard of any herbal plant-based extraction method is the standardized extraction protocol which delivers a consistent amount of bioactive ingredients for each batch of production.
- Root only extract is highly preferred as it deliver more bioactive ingredients compared to bark, stem and other parts of Tongkat Ali plant.
✅ Bioactive Ingredients
- The amount of Tongkat Ali bioactive ingredients is based on the extraction protocol (methods) to deliver maximum potency and efficacy.
- Tongkat Ali brands that deliver higher eurycomanone, glycosaponin and other bioactive ingredients are considered of a high quality.
✅ Microbial and Toxicity Tests
- Best Tongkat Ali brands must adhere and comply to microbial and toxicity tests to ensure the Tongkat Ali does not contain any percentage of heavy metals (eg: mercury, lead) that can affect health.
- Microbial and toxicity tests can be either done in-house or performed by a third party.
✅ Manufacturing Quality & Safety Standards
- Quality Tongkat Ali brands must adhere to good manufacturing practices and quality standards such as GMP, ISO, USFDA-inspected facility and other total quality management certifications.
- These are minimum compliance standards regardless of where Tongkat Ali products are manufactured.
- Best Tongkat Ali brands endure their manufacturing facilities are inspected regularly by health and drug authorities (eg: USFDA) to ensure compliance and safety.
- Country of origin matters if you want the best Tongkat Ali.
- Top Tongkat Ali brands source their raw Tongkat Ali materials (unprocessed roots), or even the best Tongkat Ali extract directly from Malaysia; which is touted to have higher quality due to undisputed reasons.
- The ongoing debate of Malaysian Tongkat Ali vs. Indonesian Tongkat Ali will never end but where quality plants and long-term sustainability are concerned, Malaysian Tongkat Ali wins hand down.
Top Tongkat Ali Brands
Here are the top Tongkat Ali supplement brands in 2022 from top manufacturers that are sold in the market today.
Top Tongkat Ali brands on Amazon, Wallmart, Shopee, Lazada, BuyNatural and other marketplaces use standardized Tongkat Ali extract to ensure the highest level of eurycomaonne, gylcosaponin and other bioactive ingredients that deliver maximum health benefits.
Some of the popular, fast-growing and established Tongkat Ali brands sold in the market between 2018-2022
Top Tongkat Ali Brands By Category
The best Tongkat Ali brands are ranked by specific categories that matter to consumers such as potency, efficacy, extraction technology and others.
The truth is, potency remains a number one priority to consumers.
AKARALI Tongkat Ali, Herbolab and Nootropics Tongkat Ali are the top three most potent Tongkat Ali brands in the market today with the highest percentage of eurycomanone content between 1.5% to 5%.
AKARALI was voted as the best overall Tongkat Ali in 2022 by the Miami Herald against similar brands such as Nature Bell and Double Wood Tongkat Ali.
Why do potency and efficacy matter?
- Efficacy is the ability of bioactive ingredients from Tongkat Ali to initiate a biological response in your body that reacts positively to achieve the desired health benefits.
- Efficacy and potency can only be validated by clinical trials or research studies performed on human test subjects.
Here is the full list of top Tongkat Ali supplement brands by each category.
🏆 Best Tongkat Ali brands with the strongest root extract
🏆 Best Tongkat Ali brands with clinical trials & research studies
- AKARALI Premium Tongkat Ali – 26 clinical trials
- Nu-Prep Tongkat Ali – 16 clinical trials
🏆 Top Popular Tongkat Ali brands without clinical trials & research studies
- Pure Science Supplements SD-200 Tongkat Ali
- Herbolab Tongkat Ali
- Doublewood Tongkat Ali
- Him Supplements Tongkat Ali
- NusaPure Longjack Tongkat Ali
- Solaray Tongkat Ali
- VIP Vitamins Longjack Size Up Tongkat Ali
- Ayuflores Tongkat Ali
- Vitroman Tongkat Ali
- Greenlife Tongkat Ali
- Authentic Tongkat Ali Sumatra Pasak Bumi
- Lost Empire Herbs Tongkat Ali
- Bulk Supplements Longjack Tongkat Ali Extract
Tip: Look out for the best Tongkat Ali brand with a strong background of clinical trials conducted by scientists, medical professionals, medical research centers and university research centers.
Top Tongkat Ali Brands By Country
The best Tongkat Ali brands are not necessarily available in every country. Find the best Tongkat Ali supplements in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, Singapore and Malaysia.
🔔 Note: The best Tongkat Ali brands in the USA have imported Malaysian and Indonesian Tongkat Ali extract in the last two decades, with no distinct product differentiation between private labels selling Tongkat Ali in the US. Find out more buying tips on the best Tongkat Ali supplements in the US to guide your purchasing decision.
🔔 Note: The best Tongkat Ali brands in the UK is AKARALI Premium Tongkat Ali, which is sold in Amazon and you can buy directly here.
🔔 Note: The best Tongkat Ali brands in Australia and New Zealand can be found at BuyNatural, the largest one-stop herbal supplement store in Australia with 1-2 days delivery.
🔔 Note: Check out more information on our comprehensive user guide when buying Tongkat Ali in Australia.
🔔 Note: The best Tongkat Ali brands in Malaysia such as AKARALI and Nu-Prep are clinically tested for potency, efficacy and safety. Beware of Tongkat Ali brands that are not legit and not clinically tested.
🔔 Note: Most of the best Tongkat Ali brands in Singapore are manufactured and imported from Malaysia. Singapore doesn’t grow Tongkat Ali plants. Refer to our buying tips and consumer insights to find out the best Tongkat Ali in Singapore.
Best Tongkat Ali Prices
Are you paying expensive prices for low-quality Tongkat Ali products? And what is a fair selling price of Tongkat Ali in the market today?
With Tongkat Ali prices soaring to greater heights in recent years, here is a quick range of the best prices of Tongkat Ali.
Tongkat Ali Price Range
- Low Price Range: USD 13.95 to USD 20.00 per bottle
- Best Price Range: USD 21.00 to USD 25.00 per bottle
- Premium Price Range: USD 26.00 to USD 40.00 per bottle
The fair price for premium Tongkat Ali brands such as AKARALI, Double Wood Tongkat Ali and Nootropics Depot Tongkat Ali is between USD 20 to USD 28 per bottle of 30 capsules.
Our analysis revealed that the average price per capsule for premium Tongkat Ali standardized extract is between USD 1 to USD 1.20 per capsule.
There are also cheap China-produced Tongkat Ali products that are priced below USD 20. These brands include LongJack Size Up VIP Supplement and Natural Balance PowerMax; most contain untested quantity of Tongkat Ali extract.
Here is the best value for money of the top 28 Tongkat Ali brands based on the current published retail price.
Disclaimer: Price list of Tongkat Ali Brands that are sold in Amazon, e-Bay, Shopify, Lazada and other major eCommerce platforms. Prices may change depending on seasonality, discounts and promotions and we are not held responsible for any price change or price updates by the respective Tongkat Ali brands.
Lets take a step back. How did Tongkat Ali grow to such heights and become so popular globally in recent years?
Dubbed the “tree that cures a hundred diseases” with roots dating back since the early 1600s, Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma Longifolia) has enjoyed centuries of steady consumption and global acceptance.
Thanks to its rich history coupled with the rapid advancement of technology extraction and decades of clinical tests on humans, there are more than 5,000 Tongkat Ali products today, with only a handful of Tongkat Ali brands that qualify to be amongst the best.
It also brings us to another point. With deceptive marketing and fake Amazon customer reviews, the best Tongkat Ali brands on Amazon may win the popularity contest, but not necessarily will deliver the health gains that you aim for.
Yes, there are more cheap Tongkat Ali supplements out there competing with popular and reputable Tongkat Ali brands, but consumers actively switching to high-quality Tongkat Ali supplements that are clinically proven to work.
And it is worth noting that more than 90% of the world’s Tongkat Ali supply originates from Malaysia and Indonesia.
Top-quality Tongkat Ali brands are relying on raw Tongkat Ali roots more from Malaysia than Indonesia due to sustainable harvesting and other ecological considerations.
Tongkat Ali from Malaysia is widely accepted to have higher quality due to stringent quality controls, Government enforcement and support. If you want to know more, read here
Consumer Insights: Quick Quality Test
Assuming the best Tongkat Ali brands fulfill all the quality attributes and qualification criteria described above, how can you further confirm if you have bought a quality Tongkat Ali product?
There are many consumers who are tricked into buying “best Tongkat Ali brands” based on raving customer reviews on Amazon, but are often misled knowing those reviews are fake.
Here is a quick quality test that you can do at home:
- Dissolve the Tongkat Ali powder from the capsule in a glass of warm water.
- Stir for 1 minute.
- Wait patiently for another 1 minute.
- Repeat the steps on another Tongkat Ali product using a fresh set of glass filled with warm water.
Here is a video showing how to distinguish a premium Tongkat Ali product from a low-quality Tongkat Ali product using a simple test described earlier.
If you have watched the video or performed the test, here are two questions that you need to ask.
Does the Tongkat Ali dissolve completely or partially in water?
- A quality Tongkat Ali using standardized extraction technology such as Physta® dissolves completely in water.
- Higher absorption means faster gains, that ultimately deliver optimal health benefits in less time.
- Low quality Tongkat Ali will have a tough time to be complete dissolve in the warm water.
Does it leave any residue after 3 minutes?
- Low-quality Tongkat Ali products will usually leave some level of a residue at the bottom of the glass.
- These are caused by unrefined extraction process or from unknown raw materials used in the extraction (eg: branches, bark)
- Accumulated residue found from unprocessed or coarse particles can be harmful to your kidney in the longer term.
- A large amount of residue can be harmful to your kidney over time as it may contain unknown particles, and contaminants from other unknown sources.
Consumer Insights: Tongkat Ali Prices
Price Analysis (Retail Selling Price)
Let’s analyze at the lowest and the highest Tongkat Ali prices sold in the market in 2019 from top 27 brands around the world. The information on retail prices sold in online shops and marketplaces.
The median price for Tongkat Ali sold on the online market is USD 30, with more than 60% of the suppliers and brands are pricing their products above USD 30 per bottle. The highest price is sold at USD 139.70 by Pure Science Supplements.
The known brands out there such as AKARALI, AliPas Platinum, Sumatra Pasak Bumi, Herbolab are selling between USD 32 to USD 69.90 per bottle.
We identified exceptionally low prices for Tongkat Ali from less reputable brands such as Healthy Supplements, Sport Supplements, VIP Vitamins and Swanson Passion which are retailing between USD 13 to USD 18 per bottle.
Figure 2: Table of Top Tongkat Ali Brands that are sold in Amazon, e-Bay, Shopify, Lazada and other major eCommerce platforms. Prices are subject to changes depending on seasonality, discounts and promotions by the respective brand owners or manufacturers.
Price Analysis (Price Per Capsule)
The price per capsule provides a better assessment of Tongkat Ali prices. As inflation and manufacturing cost drives higher prices for US-manufactured Tongkat Ali products, there will be cases where manufacturers take shortcuts to reduce quality to drive better profit margins.
If you are unsure, our tips for finding the finest quality Tongkat Ali may be useful when choosing the best Tongkat Ali brand that suit your health goals.
Figure 3: Table of average price per capsules from Top Tongkat Ali Brands that are sold in Amazon, e-Bay, Shopify, Lazada and other major eCommerce platforms. Prices are subject to changes depending on seasonality, discounts and promotions by the respective brand owners or manufacturers.
Now, this gives a clearer picture of the various price points (on per capsule basis) from the top Tongkat Ali manufacturers and brands.
Some brands such as AKARALI, Nu-Prep by Biotropics, AliPas Platinum, Herbolab are generally more expensive compared to others due to the patented herbal extraction technology, chromatography quality checks and the source of raw Tongkat Ali root extract which are harvested in Malaysia.
Consumer Insights: Bioactive ingredients
A quality Tongkat Ali product must contain the highest possible bio-active compounds (expressed in percentage) that can be extracted from Tongkat Ali in order to deliver optimal health benefits.
Bioactive ingredients that serve as a quality marker for Tongkat Ali include the percentage of eurycomanone, polysaccharide, glycosaponin and total protein.
Facts on Standardized Extract
- Premium Tongkat Ali brands contain between 1.5% to 5% eurycomanone, the most potent bioactive ingredient found in Tongkat Ali.
- Standardized extraction protocol is the gold standard in the nutraceutical industry and the mark of an exceptional touch of quality.
- The standardized extract delivers a consistent set of bioactive ingredients for each production batch, thus delivering better health benefits.
- Top Tongkat Ali brands use standardized extract which has proven to deliver higher potency and efficacy.
The premium Tongkat Ali space is dominated by suppliers with unique extraction technology and strict quality controls.
Amongst notable premium single-ingredient Tongkat Ali brands such as Nu-Prep, AliPas Platinum, AKARALI and Herbolab are popular if you are not seeking generic Tongkat Ali brands with low-quality ingredients.
No doubt every top Tongkat Ali brand is seeking ways to increase its profit margin at the lowest possible cost. For consumers, there are ways you could find the best Tongkat Ali if you follow these golden rules.
In general, premium Tongkat Ali brands carry the standard Certificate of Analysis with the following specifications:
Premium Tongkat Ali
Average Mesh Size
90% smaller than 120 mesh
0.8% – 1.5%
< 0.05 ppm
< 1.0 ppm
Microbial Limit Test:
Total Bacteria Count
Yeast & Mould
< 10,000 cfu/g
< 100 cfu/g
Absent in 10 g
Absent in 1 g
Absent in 1g
Figure 4: An example of Certificate of Analysis extracted from Tongkat Ali showing bio-active compounds, heavy metal and other content.
With more than 5,000 products & brands, only a few Tongkat Ali brands made it to the top list. These are the best Tongkat Ali supplements that are worth spending your money on.
If you have tried Tongkat Ali before and were not thoroughly satisfied, perhaps this is a good time to make that switch. Consuming premium Tongkat Ali products does make a difference to your health.
Before we part, here is a 15-quality checkpoint before you purchase a popular Tongkat Ali brand in the future.
Don’t make the same mistake of purchasing low-quality Tongkat Ali brands and avoid counterfeits and fake Tongkat Ali products at all costs.
At the end of the day, your health deserves the best!
Tongkat Ali Quality Checkpoint15-point check when buying Tongkat Ali
Potent Tongkat Ali root extract
Microbial and Toxicity Tested
ISO 22000 Certified
Kosher & Halal Certified
Global customer reviews
After sales support
Naressa Khan contributes regularly on AKARALI. As a writer and journalist, Naressa is all about creating, deconstructing, and reassembling meanings through words. With this approach always in mind, she eagerly explores the nuances in life via the aspects of lifestyle, culture, travel, health, and wellness.
Disclaimer: Content published in this article is not intended to provide any form of recommendations, directly or indirectly to purchase or consume herbal supplements, drugs, medications, alternative remedies and practices or any brands mentioned in this article. By reading this, the sole responsibility and decision lies on the reader to make an informed decision based on publicly available information published on the internet. Any herbal supplements can be used as a health supplement, dietary plan or to treat illnesses. However, we encourage you to consult your nearest doctor before making any purchase from this website or any other websites or social platforms after reading this article. We do not hold any responsibility or accountability for any products purchased from this website or any third-party websites that are linked to this articles, sales channels or social platforms.