Approximately 90 percent of all adults in the world consume caffeine daily and each day some are looking for ways to boost their caffeine experience.
So, can you gain more benefits by mixing coffee with Tongkat Ali?
You may boost your caffeine effects by adding Tongkat Ali to unlock more health benefits. Tongkat Ali’s 30 years of clinically tested health benefits are outstanding, while caffeine brings more mental and physical performance according to Dr. Huberman from Stanford.
Mixing Tongkat Ali with coffee is one of the best ways to get the most from Tongkat Ali to help you in various situations and to achieve your health goals.
Dating back to the 1600s, Tongkat Ali coffee is far more popular than Ginseng tea in South East Asian countries such as Malaysia and Indonesia. Tongkat Ali coffee is now used daily to revitalize health as it helps people to overcome challenging tasks at work or during workouts.
Now, both plants contain a common bioactive compound within the same family of alkaloids. Combining Tongkat Ali with coffee delivers a unique synergistic experience that offers multi-pronged health benefits.
In this article, we will share the potential health benefits of Tongkat Ali coffee from scientific studies and how it may benefit you in amazing ways.
Now let’s begin!
Coffee and Tongkat Ali: A potent mix
Caffeine is a known metabolic stimulant to the Central Nervous System (CNS) whilst Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma Longifolia, or Malaysian Ginseng) is an anabolic plant that restores hormonal balance in your overall endocrine system, including the CNS.
Through the activation of pituitary and adrenal glands via the hypothalamus and brain receptors, Tongkat Ali coffee delivers a 360 effect on health, including the central nervous system, reproduction system, immune system and other endocrine primary and secondary systems.
Tongkat Ali coffee is the most efficient way to boost your caffeine effects whilst getting the best results from Tongkat Ali.
Potential health benefits of Tongkat Ali coffee
1. Energizes Your Body
Tongkat Ali coffee is a prefect energy booster due to its ability to boost testosterone when your body is low on T. There are many studies and scientific evidence to back up Tongkat Ali’s anabolic effects to boost testosterone between 20% to 600% when consumed in high dosages.
Whilst the purpose of consuming Tongkat Ali coffee should not be entirely focused to boost testosterone, caffeine has similar anabolic effects to the increase of testosterone concentration too, by approximately 15%.
On that note, the instant benefit of Tongkat Ali coffee is the boost of energy due to increase of testosterone and restore that hormonal balance when your energy is low.
That is why Tongkat Ali coffee benefits most nightshift workers and those exposed to physically-demanding jobs.
What to expect?
- A smooth gradual boost of energy as caffeine increases energy metabolism throughout the brain, causing you to feel more awake. This in turn will result in better physical performance.
- Tongkat Ali coffee, when consumed in high doses of 3-4 cups a day may sustain your energy requirements by regulating the release of testosterone that your body requires.
2. Improves mood & mental performance
Tongkat Ali coffee reduces cortisol (i.e stress hormone) and boosts dopamine (happy hormones) that helps you to feel better, calmer and more composed. The addition of caffeine is ideal in Tongkat Ali coffee as it increases energy metabolism throughout the brain and releases dopamine too.
Many reported positive feel-good and calming effects from taking Tongkat Ali coffee. This experience is not the same as consuming your standard coffee.
Studies have shown that caffeine alone has catabolic effects on the increase in cortisol by 58% and the resultant decline in the testosterone: cortisol ratio by 21%.
The addition of Tongkat Ali reduces the level of cortisol, resulting in between 10-15% reduction in anger, tension, anxiety and other mood parameters. There are many clinical studies of Tongkat Ali on humans to strengthen to back this claim.
What to expect?
- Combining coffee / caffeine with Tongkat Ali makes you calmer, with improved cognitive performance, mental alertness and clarity – without having to deal with anxiety associated with caffeine.
- Tongkat Ali coffee will not make you feel anxious, or jittery.
3. Improves sports performance
If you are active in sports, then you will find most pre-workout drinks contain caffeine or tea. And you probably know that caffeine increase adrenaline that benefit your exercises.
The reality is, growing dependency on caffeine-fueled energy drinks are somewhat a double-edged sword as you have to deal with the post-workout crashes. Most consumers reported feeling lethargic hours after drinking caffeine-fueled energy drinks due to caffeine withdrawals.
Here is something new.
Most are switching to Tongkat Ali coffee as an ideal pre-workout energy boost that could last few hours, without suffering from caffeine withdrawal. There are many studies that showed Tongkat Ali as one of the best herbal supplements to improve anaerobic performance for sports amateurs and semi-professional athletes.
Tongkat Ali coffee adds more fire power and it gives you the best of both worlds by balancing your energy needs during workout vs. post workouts and other health benefits too!
Tongkat Ali is clinically tested to deliver improvements in muscle hand grip strength, muscular force, lower limb strength and accelerating body fat if consumed over a longer period with regular exercises.
The result of drinking Tongkat Ali coffee before or after your exercises is simply amazing.
What to expect?
- Faster reaction time when doing sports activities (eg: tennis, football, MMA, parkour, martial arts, badminton, volleyball, etc)
- More reps at the gym, extra miles when doing your runs.
- Tongkat Ali coffee may not cause any increase in muscle mass.
4. Improves Sexual Desire
Tongkat Ali’s claim to fame is the ability to improve libido for both men and women. It is still known as the best natural viagra to most people. However, decades of research on Tongkat Ali have shown to bring other multiple health benefits which we have explained in our past article.
Coffee and sex may be a myth, but there are studies by Texas University that showed the positive libido effects of coffee on women. It is also believed that coffee help to reduce erectile dysfunction (ED) and improve sexual desire.
Tongkat Ali coffee is perfect to get you in the mood for sex. Combining these two potent aphrodisiacs bring compounded effects on your libido.
What to expect?
- A faster reaction to calm your senses relaxes your mind and gets you into the mood before sex.
- It should not be used to increase erection or to treat any ED symptoms.
- Tongkat Ali coffee may not be an effective libido booster drink given the small quantity of caffeine and Tongkat Ali extract.
5. Reduces Body Fat & Weight loss
You can boost the effect of caffeine by adding Tongkat Ali. Tongkat Ali coffee exhibits strong potential weight-loss properties by accelerating metabolism and lean body mass. This leads to the reduction of body fat and further reduces the risks of obesity.
Meanwhile, Tongkat Ali has been shown to promote lean muscle mass, thus directly reducing body fat. A study on Tongkat Ali in a placebo-controlled group showed substantial weight loss in the group consuming Tongkat Ali for four weeks.
That makes Tongkat Ali coffee a perfect weight-loss companion that can be enjoyed daily without side effects.
What to expect?
- Combined with diet and regular exercises, Tongkat Ali coffee contains protein that may promote the reduction of body fat by increasing lean muscle mass.
- Prolonged consumption of Tongkat Ali coffee may accelerate your metabolism to maintain your ideal weight after regular exercise and a good set of healthy diets.
- Tongkat Ali coffee may not alter your appetite to eat or cause you to be less or more hungry.
6. Makes you jovial and happy
Tongkat Ali coffee brings double joy and happiness. It makes you feel more motivated with higher cognition.
Both Tongkat Ali and coffee contain a family of alkaloids that activate dopamine, serotonin and adrenaline in your Central Nervous System (CNS).
Caffeine activates noradrenaline neurons and is reported to affect the local release of dopamine. This may be due to the activation of serotonin neurons.
On the other hand, Tongkat Ali was found to increase dopamine (i.e feel good hormone) in your brain, known as brain cortical and hippocampal dopamine. Dopamine has a profound impact on mood, memory and higher cognition.
So if you want instant joy without having to rely on tons of standard coffee cups a day, then make a switch to Tongkat Ali coffee. This is the best herbal coffee that will make you smile, happy, and feel motivated all day!
What to expect?
- More smiles after consuming Tongkat Ali coffee, at least 2 cups a day.
- A positive mindset with a calmer approach when dealing with tough or challenging situations.
- An exponential S-curve effect from the release of dopamine, rather than an inverse U-curve effect, which dampens the mood after 24 hours without caffeine (i.e caffeine withdrawal).
7. Improve sperm count & men’s fertility
There is one thing that Tongkat Ali coffee does extremely well. Tongkat Ali is known to improve reproductive system for men and women. For men, drinking Tongkat Ali coffee daily over a longer period may improve the sperm count and sperm motility between 40 to 50%.
On the other hand, drinking the standard coffee will not change your sperm quality. Study on caffeine showed no change in sperm quality even when consumed at high doses of 800mg of caffeine daily.
So if your objective is to maintain a health sperm count to compensate your sedentary or unhealthy lifestyle, then perhaps Tongkat Ali coffee is a good change of diet that brings more benefits to you.
What to expect?
- Better sperm concentration due to the eurycomanone and protein content from Tongkat Ali extract in coffee.
- Long-term consumption of caffeine with Tongkat Ali, or in a premixed potent Tongkat Ali coffee may contribute to better sperm count after 12 to 24 weeks.
8. Lowering Your Uric Acid
Tongkat Ali coffee may reduce your uric acid levels and reduce the risk of gout. Tongkat Ali coffee may be beneficial if you are already diagnosed with gout, a condition known as hyperuricemia due to high uric acid content in your blood.
A study in in 2019 showed that Tongkat Ali reduces uric acid levels, although the mechanism of action is not been established. Many consumers with gout reported feeling better after consuming Tongkat Ali coffee.
While coffee might be helpful for preventing gout in people who don’t already have the disease, the caffeine it contains could spell trouble for people who already live with gout—particularly if they’re not consistent coffee drinker. Please read more on the traditional coffee and it’s effect on gout.
If you don’t have any issues with gout or uric acid complications, then drinking 5 cups of coffee has shown to reduce uric acid significantly. So, imagine the compounded benefits from drinking Tongkat Ali coffee.
In short, Tongkat Ali coffee is a perfect herbal coffee you are worried about your uric acid levels, or if you have strong dependency on coffee.
What to expect?
- Lower acid levels after 48 to 72 hours of drinking potent 3-4 cups of Tongkat Ali coffee – an ideal temporary measure to balance the uric acid levels due to excessive seafood intake.
- It should not be used as a permanent fix for gout.
9. Reduce Risks of Depression
Adding caffeine with Tongkat Ali may be the answer to a healthier state of mind.
Tongkat Ali coffee may be beneficial to reduce risk of depression as it affects cortisol, dopamine and other neurons that are responsible for your mental health.
If you are tired of dealing with caffeine withdrawal symptoms that leads to depression due to mental fatigue or cognitive stress, then Tongkat Ali coffee is the best solution to mitigate that.
Studies have found profound effect of Tongkat Ali when exposed to test participants with mild stress and depression; with positive results. In fact, Tongkat Ali has shown to reduce cognitive and physical stress.
That makes Tongkat Ali coffee the perfect plant-based remedy for those experiencing mild depression but still wanting to enjoy the coffee taste and aroma.
What to expect?
- Noticeable reduction in cognitive stress and physical-induced stress from Tongkat Ali after few days.
- It should not be used to treat any chronic depression or medically diagnosed depression, or other mental health issues.
10. Improved Mental Clarity & Focus
Do you suffer from tons of distraction after drinking 2-3 cups of coffee during workhours? If you are easily distracted from completing your daily task, then try drinking Tongkat Ali coffee for 2 weeks to gain its full benefits.
The downside of drinking standard coffee is dealing with the caffeine after-effects. For some, it may cause a person to be hyperactive.
Adding caffeine, and coffee to Tongkat Ali is a new breakthrough that benefits mental performance and those seeking for the perfect balance.
There is plenty of advice from Dr. Andrew Huberman from Stanford on caffeine consumption and how best to gain results from caffeine.
If you have undiagnosed ADHD or showing mild ADHD symptoms, drinking coffee may not improve one’s ability to focus at work.You can read more about caffeine and ADHD to find out if its relevant to you.
What to expect?
- Better information absorption when studying, problem-solving or keeping up with complex mental challenging situations (eg: brainstorming with your colleagues, and others)
- Longer mental stamina. Taking 2-3 cups of Tongkat Ali coffee can lead you stay focused all day, for a minimum of 12-14 hours.
11. Helps To Reduce Risk of Diabetes
Tongkat Ali coffee has strong potential of reducing the risks of diabetes as it may reduce the blood glucose level significantly.
A 2020 study on Tongkat Ali showed blood glucose level dropped by 37.7% after supplementation of 100mg of Tongkat Ali daily for one week. It shows Tongkat Ali has positive effects on reducing risks of diabetes. By the 8th week a further reduction of blood glucose level by 64% was recorded.
What to expect?
- Better glucose level after taking Tongkat Ali coffee, but should not be treated as a remedy or drugs to treat diabetes.
- Pure Tongkat Ali coffee without sugar may bring greater enjoyment to those who are already diagnosed with mild diabetes; without worrying about increased sugar levels.
12. Helps to Boost Your Immune System
Whilst early studies on caffeine and Tongkat Ali showed promising results on anti-cancer properties, Tongkat Ali is clinically tested to have a direct positive influence on the immune system.
A study by a group of Japanese scientists and medical professionals showed that Tongkat Ali promotes stronger immune system by increasing T-cells and CD4+ cells, i.e both cells which are responsible in building stronger protection against virus attacks.
This makes Tongkat Ali coffee an ideal immune booster drink that will protect you from bacterial infection and promote faster recovery when your immune system is severely punished due to virus attacks.
What to expect?
- Less susceptible to flu, bacterial or virus attacks when consumed regularly, or on a long-term basis.
- Tongkat Ali coffee is best enjoyed during flu season (eg: winter) as a preventive measure to build a stronger immune system from unknown flu strains.
Reasons why you should try Tongkat Ali coffee
- Tongkat Ali coffee has a distinct taste, character and brings a fresh experience to most coffee lovers. Tongkat Ali tastes like a sweet chocolate with bitter aftertaste.
- Everyone loves coffee, but the dependency on caffeine is both good and bad. Caffeine is a metabolic stimulant to the central nervous system, but growing dependency on caffeine leads to caffeine withdrawal symptoms.
- Whilst caffeine is used to reduce physical fatigue and restore mental alertness, caffeine withdrawal symptoms can be devastating and may disrupt your work productivity or mood.
- Tongkat Ali coffee combines the best of both worlds as coffee and Tongkat Ali share the same family of alkaloids that brings synergistic impact without having to deal with caffeine crashes or anxiety.
- Coffee and Tongkat Ali complements each other in many ways – an experience that can only be felt with best results after a month of consumption.
- Tongkat Ali coffee energizes your body by restoring hormonal balance; increasing testosterone, DHEA, dopamine and other hormones whilst reducing cortisol (stress hormone). This result in a better mood profile, mental focus and higher energy.
- Tongkat Ali coffee still retains its taste and aroma and thus makes it enjoyable for most coffee lovers around the world.
Is Tongkat Ali Coffee safe?
Tongkat Ali coffee has been tested by multiple research studies to be safe with no signs of clinical toxicity or abnormalities in organs and tissues. In addition, the same study found no reduction in blood platelet count. However, more studies should be done to observe the effect of higher consumption of Tongkat Ali coffee.
Tongkat Ali coffee is safe when taken in small doses between 4 to 5 cups a day. There have been no reports or announcements by USFDA on the adverse side effects or negative health effects of consuming Tongkat Ali coffee.
The upper toxicity limit for caffeine (based on Lethal Dose 50, or LD50) is between 75-100 cups a day. Whilst as for Tongkat Ali, the LD50 limit is 30,000 mg for health adult of 100kg.
Please refer to our Tongkat Ali daily dosage guide for more information to assist your daily health requirements, objectives and goals.
Tongkat Ali coffee delivers the best energy coffee experience as one can gain maximum benefits from alkaloid compounds that exist in both caffeine and Tongkat Ali.
That fact is Tongkat Ali coffee is safe and benefiting millions of people for centuries. The best Tongkat Ali coffee on Amazon is seen as a novelty, raking many positive reviews each day due to its unique full-bodied taste and aroma.
Tongkat Ali’s surreal experience brings joy to most people, putting a smile back to those who truly love coffee. It is refreshing to witness how Tongkat Ali coffee is making a comeback with wider acceptance globally.
In order to get full experience and benefits of Tongkat Ali coffee, please ensure it contains highly potent Tongkat Ali root extract. Most importantly, clinically tested Tongkat Ali extract delivers instant and mor superior benefits than the generic Tongkat Ali.
Hence why not every Tongkat Ali coffee brings similar experience.
If you want the best Tongkat Ali coffee experience, you may want to try KOFFEE from AKARALI.
Naressa Khan is a coffee lover and contributes regularly on AKARALI. As a researcher and investigative journalist specializing in nutrition and natural wellness, Naressa is all about creating, deconstructing, and reassembling meaningful content through words and facts. With this approach always in mind, she eagerly explores the nuances in life via the aspects of lifestyle, culture, travel, health, and wellness in Malaysia .
The content published on this website is for educational purposes and should not be viewed, read, or seen as a prescription or constitute any form of medical advice. We recommend you consult your nearest GP or doctors before consuming Tongkat Ali or any products which contain Tongkat Ali. For further information, kindly refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for more information.