Malaysia is known for its unique natural herbs and spices. One of many herbs that are popular globally is Tongkat Ali – which is essentially a root from a plant known as Eurycoma Longifolia.
This herb is extremely popular and widely researched by scientists to validate it’s potential health benefits. The surge of herbal demand from consumers around the world has inevitably caused this herbal root to be sold in many forms such as coffee, tea, wine and cakes too! If you have traveled to Malaysia, you will find Tongkat Ali in every corner of any shop.
Since Tongkat Ali is quintessentially Malaysian, you will find multiple brands of Tongkat Ali coffee. Here are our personal favourite of top three Tongkat Ali coffee:
- AliCafe Tongkat Ali Coffee by PowerRoot
- Coffee Omega Tongkat Ali Coffee
- Nu-Prep Tongkat Ali Coffee
Best Tongkat Ali Coffees are Home Made
Despite its wide availability, there are three reasons why you should make your own Tongkat Ali coffee:
- The amount of Tongkat Ali available in the 3-in-1 prepacked Tongkat Ali coffee is usually less than 5mg. It does not give any benefit or much of a difference to your energy.
- The content of processed sugar in 3-in-1 Tongkat Ali coffees is very high – so you will end up consuming sugar, rather than reaping the real benefits from Tongkat Ali bio-active compounds.
- The coffee content is not as potent as a stand-alone fresh coffee that you get from your nearest barista.
You don’t need a coffee machine and here is one Tongkat Ali coffee recipe that will kick-start your day with a bang!
- 1 cup of brewed freeze-dried coffee (medium roast by Haco SUISS)
- ½ teaspoon of Tongkat Ali (equivalent to 1 capsule of 200mg AKARALI)
- 1 teaspoon of Australian Bush Honey
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of whole milk (if required)
- In a small saucepan, combine the coffee, milk, honey and Tongkat Ali. Cook and stir with low heat for 5 minutes. (Please do not let it boil.)
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour into cups or mugs and serve immediately.
Depending on the type of coffee that you use, the taste will be predominantly overwhelmed by the core coffee with mildly sweet honey aftertaste accompanied by a hint of bitterness from Tongkat Ali. The taste can be improved further by adding more honey or vanilla according to your taste.
How often can I drink?
People drink Tongkat Ali coffee or in pre-mixed drinks twice or even more daily. However, in case you need to mix it with AKARALI, our recommended dosage is up to 400 mg – 600mg daily. In short, use 1 capsule in each serving and ideally one in the morning and one in the evening after early dinner.
Let us know your reviews in the comments below!
Naressa Khan contributes regularly on AKARALI. As a writer and journalist, Naressa is all about creating, deconstructing, and reassembling meanings through words. With this approach always in mind, she eagerly explores the nuances in life via the aspects of lifestyle, culture, travel, health, and wellness.